Rapid Antigen Test Certificates

Supervised Rapid Antigen Tests (RATS) before travel

What is a supervised Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)?

A supervised RAT is a RAT self-test performed in the presence of a pharmacist. Following the test, you will receive a certificate confirming:

  • Your pharmacist was a witness
  • The test took place at a certain time and date
  • The result of that test

It is not the same as a RAT test performed by a health professional in a supervised environment.

When would I need a supervised Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)?

Some countries require travelers to provide a supervised RAT certificate at the time of entry. If this is your case, you will need to provide this document when traveling internationally to such destinations. It is the responsibility of the traveler to prepare the appropriate documentation to meet all the criteria of the country they want to visit.

Australian states and territories requiring testing before domestic travel will accept pharmacist-supervised RATs. Always check with the airline, as requirements are constantly being updated.

Can I bring my own Rapid Antigen Test (RAT)?

To ensure storage conditions have been maintained, you must perform your self-test with the RAT test purchased at Medicines R Us  Chemist at the time of the service. Ensure you have read the instructions before beginning your self-test.

Services Fees:

Our pharmacies will charge a service fee for the supervision and a Rapid Antigen Test must be purchased in-store at the RRP.